Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
- Effect Type: Distortion
- Technology: Analog
- Mono / Stereo: Mono In, Mono Out
- Controls: Volume, Tone, Sustain
- Bypass Mode: True bypass
- Power supply: 9 VDC, Center negative
- Power Consumption: 4,5 mA
- Battery powered: Battery Powered
- Battery Type: 9 V Block
- Housing size: Big Size
- Dimensions (WxHxD / cm): 14,0 x 7,1 x 17,4
- Country of Origin: Made in USA
- Distortion/Fuzz Pedal with Volume, Sustain , and Tone Controls
- Harmonic distortion sustain effects pedal
- True bypass
- Singing sustain with attitude
- Crushing distortion
- Adjustable tone
- Same legendary sound created by Jimi Hendrix
- VOLUME CONTROL sets the output level
- SUSTAIN CONTROL adjusts the amount of sustain and distortion
- TONE CONTROL provides a range of sounds from high treble to deep bass
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA · Guitar Effect
Like the legendary Big Muff Pi of the '70s, the reissue Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff Pi Distortion/Sustainer Pedal has 3 controls that let you dial in the finest harmonic distortion/sustain ever produced. The Volume control adjusts the output level. The Sustain control optimizes the long sustain with just the right amount of harmonic distortion. The Tone control provides a range of sounds, from warm bass to crisp treble. From Pink Floyd to the Chemical Brothers to Korn, the distortion / sustain pedal, made in New York City, USA.
To achieve its long sustain, the Electro-Harmonis Big Muff Pi distortion sustain effects pedal has very high maximum gain. This requires that pickups and cables be well shielded and properly grounded to avoid excessive hum when high sustain control settings are used.
Electro Harmonix Classics
The Electro Harmonix Classics series is a series of reissued legendary Electro harmonix Effects in a characteristic Metal housing.
Value for money:
True vintage overdriveUser on 28.01.2016
The Big Muff is a true vintage overdrive stompbox. It has a quite limited range, but still it's a nice addition to other rack and stomp effects. However, if you merge the Big Muff with a EQ-stompbox, the fun is complete.