Korg Volca FM
- Synthesis: FM-Synthesis witht 6 Operators, 32 Algorithms
- Keyboard: Multitouch-Keyboard / Step-Taste
- Aftertouch: no
- Polyphony: 3 voices
- Effects: Chorus
- Sampling: no
- Sample Expansion: no
- Sequencer: 16-Step Sequencer
- Special Features: WARP ACTIVE STEP, ARPEGGIATOR and PATTERN CHAIN for innovative Rhythm- and Pattern-Loops
- USB / MIDI: Midi in
- Pedal/Controller Connection: Syncin and output: 3,5 mm Mini Jack Mono
- Other Connections: Audio out 3,5 mm stereo, Sync in/out 3,5 mm mono
- Power supply: Battery or mains adapterl (KA-350 not included)
- Size (WxHxD): 193 × 115 × 40 mm
- Weight: 0,36 kg
- Battery powered: Yes (6x AA HR6)
Korg Volca FM · Synthesizer
For audio output, a headphone jack (3.5 mm stereo jack) or the internal speakers are available.
background FM synthesis:The advent of FM (Frequency Modulation) sound generation marked an important turning point in the history of synthesis. The metallic, sharp sounds of electric pianos, synth basses and other instruments are very popular since the 1980s in the whole music scene. Volca FM reproduces the sound engine of the classic digital synthesizer that made the FM synthesis unique. His six operators and 32 algorithms are fully compatible with the original and can even handle the classic DX7 files in SYS-EX/SYX format.
Value for money:
My first synthTofik. on 10.05.2017
I'm new in synths, so I can't compare Volca FM with another one FM synthizer. But then I was choosing instrument I had some criteria: compact and functionality. And Volca FM is something what I was looking for. Every day since buy I'm wondered how powerful this thing.