MI Audio Megalith Delta
- Effect Type: Distortion
- Technology: Analog
- Mono / Stereo: Mono In, Mono Out
- Controls: Volume, Contour, Treble, Middle, Bass, Gain
- Modes: Normal, Boost, EQ Shift
- Switches: Bypass, Boost
- Bypass Mode: True bypass
- Power supply: 9 VDC, Center negative
- Power Consumption: 8 mA
- Battery powered: Battery Powered
- Battery Type: 9 V Block
- Housing size: Medium Size
- Dimensions (WxHxD / cm): 11,7 x 3,5 x 9,2
- Country of Origin: Made in Australia
- High gain distortion guitar effects pedal
MI Audio Megalith Delta · Guitar Effect
The EQ section features three main controls: EQ Shift switch, Three-Band EQ and Contour controls. The Three-Band EQ, coupled with the three-position EQ Shift switch allows for control over different frequencies. The EQ section Contour control mimics the effect on the frequency response of the phase inverter in the power amp. True bypass switching.
- Gain control delivers mid-gain for hard rock tones, to crunch to heavy metal gain
- Volume control to keep levels up, especially when scooping the mids
- Contour control is an EQ feature that changes the response of the 'phase-inverter-like' stage. Go from loose and vintage to tight and modern with one turn of a knob
- EQ shift control is a three-position switch that shifts the EQ bands to different frequencies
- Three band EQ, Bass, Middle, Treble tone stack
- Gain Boost ootswitch steps up the gain from brutal to crazy
Value for money:
Megalith DeltaUser on 17.04.2017
Very good distortion pedal,great build quality and an impressive almost unbelievable sound when the boost is activated.
One of the best distortion amp in a box pedals in the market.
Great valve sound, very flexible tone and gain, also good for rock and hard rock.
Recommended to anyone who wants very high gain with excellent sound quality.
However,in my opinion, you should always use the megalith in your amp clean channel to obtain the best "imitation" of the MI Audio beta amplifier, which this pedal is based on.